Appointment of administrator
5. (1) The member of the Company or the board of directors of the Company referred to in section 4 shall appoint an Administrator for the Administered Companies.
4. Subject to the prior written approval of the Minister, a member of the Company, or the board of directors of the Company pursuant to a resolution of the board of directors, may place—
(a) the Company;
(b) any wholly owned subsidiary company of the Company;
(c) the following partially owned subsidiary companies of the Company:
(i) Abacus Distribution Systems (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. (Company No. 180535-T);
(ii) Aerokleen Services Sdn. Bhd. (Company No. 277266-X); and
(iii) MAS Awana Services Sdn. Bhd. (Company No. 372384-D),
under administration in accordance with this Act.
Why is these APPOINTERS given so much power -
21. (1) The appointer shall consider the proposal of the Administrator together with the report of the Independent Advisor submitted to the appointer under subsection 20(3).
(2) Where the appointer approves the proposal, the Administrator shall implement the proposal in accordance with its terms.
(3) Where the appointer rejects the proposal, the appointer may—
(a) direct the Administrator to revise the proposal;
(b) direct the Administrator to prepare a new proposal; or
(c) terminate the administration of the Administered Companies.
All MAS employees set to lose their jobs when the MAS Admin Bill becomes law, and a new entity MAB takes over the national carrier?
MAS paid RM60 for 1 nasi lemak? It is mismanagement and not the fault of Employees for MAS's downfall?
Be that as it may, still I believe that our people's representative (Wakil Rakyat) were never given the required time to get the feedback from the affected employees of MAS, their Trade Unions and the people of Malaysia. This law will affect a lot of families - and let us also not forget that this is a matter of the Malaysian people's national carrier - and we have invested so much monies. We deserved more time....