First: The FBM KLCI reached 1,892.65 points in July 2014, a historic new high; and
Second: Foreign direct investment (FDI) totalling RM38.7 billion in 2013 was the highest realised investment to date.
(ii) White bread and wholemeal bread;
(iii) Coffee powder, tea dust and cocoa powder;
(iv) Yellow mee, kuey teow, laksa and meehoon;
(v) The National Essential Medicine covering almost 2,900 medicine brands. These medicines are used to treat 30 types of diseases including heart failure, diabetes, hypertension, cancer and fertility treatment;
(vi) Reading materials such as children's coloring books, exercise and reference books, text books, dictionaries and religious books; and
(i) Individual income tax rates will be reduced by 1 to 3 percentage points. With this measure, 300,000 individual taxpayers will no longer pay income tax.
(ii) Tax payers with family and income of RM4,000 per month will not have tax liability.
(iii) Individual income tax will be restructured whereby the chargeable income subject to the maximum rate will be increased from exceeding RM100,000 to exceeding RM400,000. The current maximum tax rate at 26% will be reduced to 24%, 24.5% and 25%. This will result in the existing taxpayer enjoying a tax saving of at least 5.3%.
- National Schools RM450 million;
- National-type Chinese schools RM50 million;
- National-type Tamil schools RM50 million;
- Religious schools RM50 million;
- Fully residential schools RM50 million;
- Government Aided Religious Schools RM50 million;
- MARA Junior Science Colleges RM50 million;
- Registered Sekolah Pondok RM25 million; and
- National-type Chinese Secondary Schools (Conforming Schools) which use the national curriculum RM25 million
(a) Arts and Social Science courses - Band 2
(b) Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) courses - Band 3
(c) Law and Medical courses - Band 4
(a) Arts and Social Science courses - Band 3
(b) STEM courses - Band 4
(c) Law and Medical courses - Band 5