Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia
Updated: Monday June 8, 2015 MYT 12:34:15 PM
‘Get rid of the death penalty’
Asian Regional Congress to focus on death penalty for drug offences
- The inefficiency of death penalty in drug related crimes.
- The responsibility of the European countries and UN agencies in financing anti-drug programs in retentionist countries.
- Make a clear distinction between the death penalty and the mandatory death penalty, and to consider the abolition of the mandatory death penalty as a first step towards total abolition.
- Personal experiences of members of the Judiciary when dealing with a death penalty cases.
- Discrimination in the use of the death penalty.
- Need to respect the criminal procedures set up and guaranteed by the Criminal Procedure Code.
- Role of diplomacy and international NGOs in promoting abolition.
- Working with the family of the victims.
- Integration of educative workshops in academic systems’ curricula